(9/15) Greetings from Arkansas!!

As you are all aware I am officially on my mission. That means things are going to be different. And they are. So after arriving at the mission home on Tuesday, which by the way is HUGE, we got to meet the Wakolo family. They are just the nicest people. In fact everyone is nice down in the south. Anyway, we had the best meal I had had the whole two weeks of my mission. It was southern chicken with potato salad, green beans, and homemade rolls that can compete with even moms finest rolls. Then we had a testimony meeting and a little "welcome to the mission" meeting. Then after all that fun stuff we finally found out where we would serve for the next 3-6 months. And now for the moment you have all been waiting for. My first area is... (drum roll)...Hope, Arkansas!

You most likely have absolutely no idea where that is, and that is okay because neither does the rest of the world. Let me tell you a few things about Hope. It is a small ghetto town with barely 10,000 people most of which are the nicest people I have ever met. It is famous for watermelon and... yeah just watermelon. The population is mostly blacks and Hispanics making it a very new world for me. There are some weird people here. And guess what the best part is? This is the hardest area in the whole mission. I have only been here a few days and I can testify the truth of that. No one really cares about the message we have to share.

However, I have the best companion in the whole mission. Elder Mulvey is a wonderful trainer and an even better missionary. I look up to him as an example. The way he can start up a conversion with a random person and give a short message about the gospel is amazing! I have a long way to go before I can even think about being that good. I don't know how Carolyn was when she first started, but I suck at being a missionary. God has humbled me down to the ground. But I am working on it. 

Sunday was really good. It was great to visit the other members, all 30 of them. I knew how small a Branch was compared to a ward, but Hope Branch is just tiny! Half of the members don't even live in the area and only come here so the Branch isn't shut down. Like I said, it is the hardest area. But things are looking better. We got four new investigators to Church, two of which have baptismal dates. Hope can use all the hope it can get.

Thank you for the wonderful emails and prayers. I finally figured out a way to send pictures. Yay!! So please enjoy them. Expect a lot more from now on. However, I would like to know more of what YOU guys are up to. How is school going? Anything new or exciting? How are the doggies doing? This whole email thing needs to go both ways. I love you all and miss you lots!

Elder Price

P.S. This is my new address:
303 W 23 Apartment E 6
Hope, Arkansas 71801

MTC district

MTC companion - Elder Carman

Mission "Dad" (trainer) - Elder Mulvey