(9/22) There is hope for Hope!!!

Geez, what's with all the questions?! You make me feel like I haven't told you anything. There is a time and a season for everything.

Anyways, to answer the first the question I do indeed remember mom's lecture. My momma raised me right. I know how to keep things clean. But I understand where she's coming from. I have seen some pretty disgusting homes here and the way people live is not that great. You hear that Brent, Jacob, and Alex? I expect you to give mom a great big hug and thanks for all that she does around the house. Don't you be disrespecting her or nothin' when you is asked to do your chores. ;) I love the way some of the people talk down here. Still working on the whole being able to understand it, though.

As a matter of fact, I do indeed get a car. BUT we don't hardly get to use it. The way it works is that we have a certain allotment of miles each month that we are not allowed to exceed. It is quite a fair amount of miles. Just that down in Hope everything is so spread out and far away. We are expected to go to meetings in North Little Rock which is two and a half hours away, using up a ton of our miles. When we are low on miles we bike. And yes I have everything I need for my bike. Also expect the credit card statement for my bike to come.

The Hope area is actually huge but the towns are miles apart. We just don't have the miles to visit everyone and still have enough to get to the meetings. So we get to ride our bikes a lot. Speaking of which, because of all the meetings we have this month our miles are depleted. Not looking forward to three whole weeks of nothing but bikes. I am just glad the weather is cooling down. It would suck to bike in the heat.

As for other missionaries, me and Elder Mulvey are the only missionaries in the area. The nearest missionaries are 50 miles away in Arkadelphia. So I enjoy the meetings, where I actually get to talk and meet with other missionaries. It gets lonely down in Hope sometimes.

P-days are great. There is just something about buying my own groceries that makes me feel... powerful. Laundry is going good. No worries there. As to interesting/fun activities, I honestly have no idea. I haven't been here long enough to know. I have actually gotten to use my piano skills. I actually kind of miss playing the piano. Weird, huh.

I really do enjoy hearing from all of you. It wouldn't hurt if my brothers had anything they wanted to talk about (hint hint). They can put stuff in the email too. Tell Brent that I understand how he feels. Keep in mind I ran over a mail box so I know what he is going through. At first it sucks and you just feel awful. But it does get better. We all make mistakes; it is when we learn from those mistakes and are changed through them, that we become better people. I bear my testimony to you that a mission really does change you. That as you strive to align yourself with God; to make your thoughts His thoughts, and your actions His actions; you will truly feel that love that He has for each and everyone of us. That we are all His children and He is waiting with open arms for us to come home. Never forget who you are and why you are here. I pray that when the time is right; Brent, Jacob, Alex; that you will choose to serve a mission. That you will choose to serve God.

I love you all so much and ask that you continue to be an amazing family.

Elder Price

Trees (not sure if he sent this for the rain clouds or what...)

Spider (ummm, ok...so random)