(8/3) I Am a Missionary

Hey everyone!

The Arkansas Little Rock Mission ( ALRM) just celebrated its 40th anniversary as a mission. It honestly wasn't what I was expecting. There was a two hour long devotional where previous missionaries and mission presidents came and basically just reminisced about their time in the field. I felt it was somewhat boring and dragged on all night. But there was this awesome missionary choir that just sang so beautifully and livened everything up. I was a part of that choir.

Something that was really cool was the baptism that happened. Her name is Maggie and after just turning 18 was able to be baptized. When i first started my mission and was at the mission home, Maggie came and bore a powerful testimony about the gospel and the greatness of missionary work. I think she does that for all new missionaries. The previous mission president, president Petersen, was the one that performed the baptism. It was such a cool experience.

The work in Batesville is at a turning point. People that have been on the edge have started to lean towards one side, whether for better or worse. One of our investigators is studying Anti and seems to be trying to disprove our religion. The investigator couple we are working with, Chad and Nikki, just broke up. Nikki is still super interested and wants us to continue to come. Something's building up here in Batesville, and I am not sure what's going to happen the next few weeks.

I included on this email a little audio file about missionaries. I thought is was awesome so I decided to share it with everyone. Hope you can actually access the file. If not... That just sucks for you. Now for the scripture!

"Be not therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou a partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;" - 2 Timothy 1:8

Witness unto the world the everlasting gospel, Go forth and baptize all nations!!!!

Elder Price