(10/5) General Conference

Can I just say I love General Conference weekend.

For us missionaries, it is like a holiday. We get to spend a whole weekend being inspired and uplifted by the spirit while eating snacks and learning how we can better to our job. It relieves a lot of stress and brings a lot of peace. I love being able to hear from the prophet and the Lord's other servants. It was also very exiting to get three new apostles. Even though they spoke for a few minutes, and I barely know them, I have already developed a growing love towards them. I fully sustain them as prophets, seers, and revelators; and the Lords chosen. May God bless them in their new calling.

We actually did manage to get one investigator to Conference, at the very last session. We had others who supposed to make it, but the adversary found ways to hedge up their path. One of them got called into work, another didn't wake up in time, and one of them had a seizure the night before. Satan was getting creative. But the one person that was able to come really enjoyed. She felt the spirit and a feeling of comfort and belonging at the church building. We had a good discussion after conference in which we were able to set a baptismal date with this person. It was wonderful.

I really enjoyed the talk about "ponderizing" the scriptures and have taken it to heart. From now on, the scripture I put in my weekly email will be one that I will be ponderizing throughout that next week. May it give you encouragement to also take the challenge. This week's scripture is in honor of President Monson's talk.

"Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity." - 1 Timothy 4:12 

I can't wait till next General Conference!

Elder Price

The district watched conference together.