(9/14) Slow Week

How are things going back in Utah?

This week was fairly slow as far as the work is concerned. The culture here is one of very little commitment, making our job as missionaries difficult. We are called to bring others unto Christ which includes inviting them to make changes in their life. Extending commitments is way to help people repent. But if they are not willing to keep those commitments, what more can we do? It's been a week full of return appointments falling through, investigators avoiding us, and an overall lack of progression. It erodes my spirit and wears away my motivation.

It was particularly difficult after getting hardcore dropped. We stopped by an investigators house and he thrust the Book of Mormon into our hands telling us it was a false book, that Joseph Smith was a liar, and that he didn't want us coming back. This came completely out of nowhere. Afterwards, my companion suggested we say a prayer. Not two minutes later we ran into DJ walking the streets. We met DJ weeks ago and he was quite interested in the message we shared. But we lost contact and hadn't seen him at all until now. It was a tender mercy from the Lord.

God is aware of our trials. He knows just how to bless us and does so in His own time and in accordance with our faithfulness and obedience. A mission has brought me closer to my Heavenly Father and the Savior Jesus Christ than ever before. Despite how challenging things may be, I am grateful for every single day.

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." -Matthew 11:28-30 

I got the package you sent. Thank you for the candy and the wonderful notes. I greatly appreciated it. Tell everyone I love them!!!

Elder Price

Sent from my iPad