(3/2) Emails

I don't even know where to begin. This week has definitely been an adventure.

On Monday we were snowed in and had to hang out at the church all day. It got really crazy with all the other missionaries there. We had the Zone leaders, a companionship from a neighboring district, and half of my district there. (The church is normally the p-day hang out spot for this area). The time was spent playing card games and volleyball. That was the only day the weather was bad. The rest of the week was still cold but no more snow.

Now for some adventures in tracting. This week no one wanted to talk to us (surprise there). Just like any other week. There was one particular man who really didn't want to talk to us. I went up and knocked on the door and nothing happened. So I rang the doorbell. Then this guy with a Dallas beard and tattoos bursts out of the door cussing and screaming at us. A few more railing rants later he went in and slammed the door behind him. As we were walking off he opened the door again and yelled out a few more cursings. That was not a very good day.

This week also marked my six month of being on a mission. As tradition I got to burn a tie, which honestly is not as exciting as one would think (until I brought out the bug spray). I realize that i am 25% complete with my mission and that is a lot. But I can't help looking ahead and seeing how far I still have to go. These next few weeks are going to be hard with Sorella Price coming home. Since I was absent at her departure I guess I must be absent at her arrival back home.

Thank you for the wonderful emails received this week. I love to hear from my bros and all that is going on in their lives.

Alex- I hope you are not giving mom too much trouble with the home schooling. I know that writing is difficult. I struggle with it even now. But I know that you can do it. I love all the things you write me in the cards. Sometimes I wish to be there and offer my help, and it is difficult to see you struggle and I can't do anything about it. I know that I won't always be able to be there, yet I know that God is watching over you for me.

Jacob- It is quite funny you mention majora's mask. Just this week my companion was talking about how difficult it is. (Don't ask how the conversation turned to Legend of Zelda.) I remember those BYU pow-wows and how much I hated them. The homework is the worst. Mom and Dad had to almost force me to get it done. I hope to continue to hear all the fun things you are up to.

Brent- I was quite surprised to see an email from you. As an incentive to keep you writing, my response to you is for that email address.

Carolyn- (for when she gets back) I expect to continue getting emails from you. It doesn't have to be every week, but i would greatly appreciate it. I want to hear your adventures integrating back into normal life.

I love y'all and anticipate the events of the future.

Elder Price

I made a lemon cream pie!

Look at the snow!

Our ward mission leader nick-named his dog after Elder Farnsworth