(4/27) Weekly Email

How's life going for everyone NOT in Arkansas?

A mission is definitely one of the hardest things I will ever do in my life. Especially with what is going on right now. I can really relate to Mormon when he is in charge of the Nephite armies. Behold, I had led them, notwithstanding their wickedness I had led them many times to battle, and had loved them, according to the love of God which was in me, with all my heart; and my soul had been poured out in prayer unto my God all the day long for them; nevertheless, it was without faith, because of the hardness of their hearts. (Mormon 3:12)
Despite the pride and the hardness of the hearts of these people, I will continue to love them and pray for them and to do the work I have been called to. Like Mormon, sometimes it is without faith.

We did manage to find a new investigator. That was reason to celebrate! It was, however, short lived. We have been unable to get back in contact and continue teaching. Our recent convert, Arturo, is doing better. The ward has really been involved in taking care of him making sure he has food and water, that his ankle is taken care of, just visiting. It has been good for the ward. A lot of the members are complacent and idle in the work of the Lord. Maybe not having missionaries in the area for a while will push them into action. I truly feel Cabot is going to be closed. But we won't find out for another three weeks. So until then its still work work work.

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. 
-Isaiah 41:13 

Elder Price